lunedì 19 agosto 2013

CARMELO ERAMO | PHOTOGRAPHER

SOULFUL STREET PHOTOGRAPHY BY CARMELO ERAMO

clip_image001

“I was born in Altamura, Apulia, Italy, in 1973. I graduated in philosophy and then in primary education sciences, I teach in primary school, in particular I’m specialized in supporting children with disabilities. I photograph since I was 20 years, back when digital did not exist. I’ve always loved black and white and I have experienced a lot of films, analog has been a real training for me, a completely different approach and way of working, of which I believe I have kept many aspects of taking pictures. After a break of several years, I returned to photography with digital a few years ago, although I must admit that I still love analogue photography.
Street photography, as the way I see it and I practice it, is a way of life. It is not a sport, a hobby. Is a way of relating to reality, and plunging into it to look for meaning, to tell it and interpret it. Being among the people and the streets with the eye of the street photographer is an exciting and almost philosophical experience, that makes you see the world from a completely different perspective, it is often an experience of meditation, reflection and encounter, of discovery. And in this experience, you have to proceed with clarity and “a pas de loup”, as Cartier-Bresson said.
Generally everyday life, that flows every day before our eyes, and that maybe we no longer notice, spontaneous and natural scenes of life, ways of life, atmospheres, emotions. Often I do not go looking for anything, I try just to wander and let me enveloped by what surrounds me.
Many factors are involved in making a good street capture, each has its own parameters.
I like street photos that tell a reality and a world, perhaps a society, ways of living. I have a more documentary and reportage approach, I like the photo is not a mere exercise in style, but encloses story and life. Obviously the composition and technical implementation are equally important. When the two things coexist skilfully within an image, content and history along with a clever use of the photographic technique, it would be ideal.” – Carmelo Eramo -

clip_image003
clip_image005
clip_image007
clip_image009
clip_image011
clip_image013
clip_image015
clip_image017
clip_image019
clip_image021
clip_image023
clip_image025
clip_image027
clip_image029
clip_image031
clip_image033
clip_image035
clip_image037
clip_image039
clip_image041
clip_image043
clip_image045
clip_image047
clip_image049
clip_image051
clip_image052
clip_image053
clip_image054
clip_image055

All images © Carmelo Eramo

· Website
· Flickr
· FB Page
· Twitter

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

ShareThis

post<li>
Related Posts with Thumbnails